TAKE OUR CLEAN TECH SURVEY
Green Maynard would like to learn more about what clean technology residents are using in their homes—from heat pumps and solar energy to electric vehicles and induction stoves. We’re also seeking volunteers who would be willing to serve as a “coach” for other residents interested in installing clean tech in their own homes.
TAKE THE TOWN TRASH SURVEY
The Town of Maynard Solid Waste & Recycling Task Force is assessing Maynard’s trash and recycling program. They are tasked with trying to strike a balance between services residents need or want, services residents are willing to pay for, and how much trash and recycling services truly cost. Environmental and fiscal sustainability are important considerations the Task Force is weighing in evaluating trash and recycling services.
HELP STOP PRIVATE JET EXPANSION AT HANSCOM— OR ANYWHERE
Developers are planning a 500,000-square-foot expansion at Massport-owned Hanscom Field for private luxury jet use. This immense expansion plan has the potential to single-handedly undercut the total combined greenhouse gas reductions that Massachusetts and our cities and towns are working to achieve.
The proposed North Airfield development would:
• add nearly 500,000-square-feet of hangar space for 27 private jet hangars on 49 acres
• add a potential of 81 private jets to the airfield
• triple the private jet capacity at Hanscom
• impact 35 Environmental Justice communities
• add over 36 acres of impervious area (pavement)
• clearcut mature trees (destroying much needed CO2 sequestration & wildlife buffer)
• represent the largest single development in Hanscom’s history